The clinicians of Hawthorn Counseling Group are frequently contacted by community groups, schools, agencies and other organizations to provide public speaking services for the general public. We are happy to participate in these educational events as a community service and can work with groups of any size.
Topics drawing from the fields of mental health, wellness and behavioral change which are frequently requested for community presentations include the following:
• Improving parent-adolescent communication
• Adolescent development
• Stress management
• Improving self-esteem
• Developing an optimistic outlook on life
• Mood management
• Depression in adolescents
• Issues related to adolescent launching
• Improving marital communication
• Improving academic performance
• Limit-setting with children and teenagers
• Coping with stressful life events
• Overview of the diagnosis & treatment of anxiety disorders
• Overview of the diagnosis & treatment of mood disorders
• Internet safety for children & adolescents
• Holiday depression
• Coping with grief, bereavement or other major life stressors
Materials such as handouts and PowerPoint presentations are available for a number of the above topics—check out our Downloads page to see if a download is available for the subject area in which you are interested.
Should you wish to arrange for a Hawthorn Counseling Group clinician to participate in a community event sponsored by your organization, you may contact Dr. John Jochem at firstname.lastname@example.org or (847) 680-0755.
Return to top